ARMY BRATS AND ME

Followers

Monday, April 27, 2009

Surprise to me and Praising God for friends and family

Sorry I have not been on in a while but I have been trying to get organized and get the girls on a schedule. I am doing fine. My skin is looking good. I go back to the Dr on the 13th for a check. So I am feeling pretty good. I have been staying busy and I guess so busy that my family and friends had me thinking that I was going to a birthday party for a little girl yesterday....well to my surprise it was my party. I was in shock because I am not one for liking surprises. I must say it was a lot of fun and it was so great to see everyone. I was very emotional. I know all of you have been pulling for me and praying for my daily. I would have pictures today but I did not bring my camera so I will have to wait to get them from my friends.

One of my surprises was I got to meet one of my bloggy friends!! A dream come true. Sorry I do not know how to link yet but it was Mimi. You can go to my side bar and go to her blog to see the pictures. If you have never been there you will be blessed for sure! It was so wonderful. It meant the world to me. She has prayed and followed me from the beginning. I knew immediately when I saw her and her husband. It was too awesome. Of course I feel like I know all about her and her beautiful family. Nicki from Three Girly Girls help set this up so thank you Nicki. Nicki has also helped me stay focused from the start:) Make sure you stop by her blog too. It was neat to see my family who reads when they comment get to meet them.

Thanks again for all the effort everyone! I love you all tons. I hope to have pictures up soon. Thanks for celebrating with me.

Cindy
fighting like a girl

15 comments:

Leslie said...

I went over and looked at the pictures from your party. You are truly blessed by all the people who love you!

Rebecca Jo said...

I saw the pictures on the other ladies blogs... that is just the coolest!!!

Skoots1moM said...

gr8 pictures...so glad you had fun!
what sweeties they are for doing this for you! you are blessed!!!

SAYDA said...

How wonderful that you met a bloggy friend! Happy Birthday!!! How great that you have the support of so many friends and family. I can't wait to see pictures.

LeeBird3 said...

Great pictures! Love you girlie! Happy, Happy b'day....be looking for something in your email!

Joyful said...

So glad you had such a wonderful time Cindy. I saw the picture Nicki posted on her blog. You looked so happy!!!

Blessings,
Joy

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Oh girl!! I love you so much and I'm so happy that we got to celebrate with you!! You look beautiful and you are a rare find in this great big negative world. Your heart shines through everything you've been through and your eyes are full of the love of Christ! I'm praying for that house to sell so we can get you back here for good!!! =) Love you!!!

On Purpose said...

You look beautiful in those birthday pictures! What a real 'gift' to get to meet Mimi! Keep shining girl...you have touched many lives and I know you will continue to touch many more. Love you! Hey give those girls a hug!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you and "Mimi" finally got to meet one another. We have so much fun working together and she really is a gem! Hope that you had a wonderful Birthday and I loved the pictures that she had posted.

MiMi said...

Cindy,

What a blessing it was to FINALLY get to meet my sweet friend! I wouldn't have missed it for the world!

You look so beautiful and are such an encouragement and inspiration to me. What a special treat to have my picture made with my "hero"!

I so enjoyed meeting all of your precious family and friends, too. I am praying for the sell of your house so that you can be here permanently and I can take you up on that offer to meet for lunch! (-:

Love you, sweet friend,
MiMi

Robin said...

I am so happy that you were surprised! Cindy you deserve a party everyday. I do not think you will ever know just how many people you have brought to know Jesus and how many others that have and are taking treatments because of your blog.

You are an amazing woman and I am so glad that Mike has you.

Love ya
Robin

Jennifer said...

How wonderful!! So happy for you - what a blessing to have such wonderful friends and to be so loved! Going to look at that pictures now :)

Jennifer said...

How wonderful!! that they were able to pull off the surprise - and that you are so surrounded by friends and family that love you so much!

You look BEAUTIFUL!! Loved the pictures - what a great day!

Joy Junktion said...

How wonderful!
What a special treat!
I love meeting my bloggy friends in person, especially those who have linked hearts and prayers with me.
Blessings, Cindy

Kelly said...

Hope you had a terrific time with all your friends, celebrating YOU!
What a blessing.

Happy Birthday!