ARMY BRATS AND ME

Followers

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Charity Event to benefit CHC

The past 4 weeks have been super busy. I was very excited all day to share with you how yesterday went for us. You have to excuse me because I had a very hurtful comment left on my blog about my children and the misunderstanding of "brat". So I am trying to get passed that.



First of all I want to thank Intimate Culinare Catering and Personal Chefs for hosting the 1st annual Texas hold'em tournament. He approached me a month or so ago about doing it. I was excited to hear what his plans were. I am normally the one who runs the events. So for the past few weeks I have watched him work tons of hrs on collecting donations and getting people to purchase tickets. It was the first one that I really did not do anything for. Not even raffles......it was strange to let it all go but I cant be everywhere so it was nice to concentrate on another event that we were working on. Please check out his website-thanks

Yesterday I walked into a very organized event that was ready to roll. There were auctions set up with bids already started and food cooking for the players and CHC servers ready to help. Players and staff wearing my shirts. It was awesome. I was able to walk around and meet people and thank them for coming. Tons of fun. I heard happy stories and I heard sad stories but we all were there to support and raise money for CHC.

The evening got very exciting when the last table was full of the final players. One of then happened to be a husband of a beautiful women who is currently fighting for her life. We have been supporting each other for a few months now. So I was excited for him. I walked around a bit and watched him come down to the final two. Wow, Michelle would have been so proud to see him sitting their playing for her and I know Michelle would have been there if she wasn't resting from chemo last week. Finally the winner......the 1st annual CHC winner was Mike! He won....now was that a Good thing or what. Out of all the players the one person who is walking this journey "breast cancer" with his wife is my 1st winner. AMAZING. So I am so thrilled grabbing my camera to watch him be presented with the champion bracelet and his gift and he turns to me..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................








...........................................................................................................and hands me his winnings to help other women who are battling. Ok I could not hold back the tears. What a wonderful thing to do. It was a perfect night. I want to thank everyone who helped make it a huge success and I look forward to next year. Please be sure to "like" the chef on face book and check out his website.

AS you finish reading this post I ask you to pray for Michelle (husband and 2 boys) lets ask God for complete healing on her body. She is an amazingly strong woman and I am proud to call her my friend!!! Love you Green Family:)

Cindy
fighitng like a girl!

1 comment:

M.O.M.creator said...

Oh wow. I did not realize the winner was the husband of a current "blue butterfly"! God really does work in wondrous ways.


Kudos to the organizers, and props to you for allowing yourself to step back and enjoy the festivities. God Bless.