ARMY BRATS AND ME

Followers

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Day 10 Catch up

I am feeling ok today. I started running a fever yesterday but low enough that I did fine! Praise and sing:) I am very sore but that is my little reassurance that my white counts are working hard. I am ready to get up off this couch but my body is not ready so I will listen to it and rest.

Things to catch up on!

My girlfriend and neighbor signed me up and bought me a ticket for a breast cancer fundraiser here in Greenville. So Thursday night my MIL , Bree and myself went. It was a nice hotel here. They severed dinner (2nd time I have eaten out in 6 weeks or so) They also had tickets for sale for raffles. The baskets were incredible. I bought my and the other girls did and we dropped them in what would like to win. Of course they had a handful of survivors they recognized(Praise-want to be in their shoes soon) Then they called my name(Bree gave it to them) It was overwhelming to be the only one in the room full of 100's of people. They gave me a rose and top that I will post later. Then once I sat down they said that there was a house cleaning service that wanted to give something to a currently fighting patient. So they called my name and said that she was going to clean my home once a month for a year. I was so emotional that I could not get up! They came to me. It was so nice and thoughtful. So the rest of the night we played bunco(never played ever). I had a great time. My MIL won of the big baskets full of so much I will post that later too. When we got home she handed me the basket of fun and said I hope you enjoy it. It was a great night. I hope when you have time you jump over and look at reflector.com and you will see me on the 3 and 4th picture. So this mama went out on the town. Bree thank you for having me be a part. It was a lot of fun and I was glad you invited me. Thanks to the companies including Stokes Landscaping for donating tons of stuff ($11,000) Thanks to the Greenville Womens League for putting to together.


Tomorrow I want to catch everyone on me and the last couple of months. I want to talk about breast cancer and how important it is to be proactive. I love you all and want you to be healthy and aware.

I want to talk about Alexa's bracelets because I am starting to get emails so she is ready to get busy. It slowed down and she needs to keep busy. Thank you for wearing them. It is an amazing feeling.

Keep me lifting and I thank you. I am looking forward to seeing what is next for me. I am blown away that other than the icky taste and feel days done here and there. This has not stopped me. 3 toxic medicines -chemo in my body. I am hanging in there. Lord please continue to use me for your Glory.

Love Cindy
weak but hanging:)

8 comments:

Joy Junktion said...

Cindy,
I am so glad that you were able to get out of the house and enjoy yourself at such an awesome event.
What a wonderful gift they gave you in the house-cleaning service. I know that will help with some of the maintenance of your home while you consentrate on getting yourself better.
Continuing to pray that God strenthen and restore your health.
Cindy

MiMi said...

WOW it sounds like you had an amazing night and I am so glad that you got to go! I saw you in those pictures and you look absolutely gorgeous!

That is so great that you won the housecleaning once a month for a year! What a great service for them to offer and I am so glad that you won!

Keep listening to your body and resting and I'll keep praying!
Emilie

On Purpose said...

Hello Cindy-praising God for an awesome night out for you! How awesome is that He is sending someone to clean your house...yeah!

Hey email me: hamblin@q.com

I would love to have some bracelets to sell...I have some great places (MOMS club, Women's Bible Study, Church) and then I will send the money back to make more!!!

Lets get these bracelets all over this world...with people going to God and interceding for Cindy!!

Anonymous said...

God gives us pain so we know the difference, like you mentioned "I know it is working" in healing physically, spiritually, or emotionally we have to walk through the fire to be refined, fixed, or healed, so then He will get the Glory. Thank=You God that even in times of refinement we see you. We give you the glory.We thank=you that you talk to Cindy even in the pain, you let her know you are doing a good work in her. Again we sing praise and glory to you for letting us see YOU in every thing. Love, Hugs and Prayers in Oregon

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Cindy that is AWESOME!!! I'm so excited for your blessings from that night! Wow!!!

I can't wait to hear more from you about all this. Especially all you have learned about being healthy.

I love you girl!

The Patterson 5 said...

I am glad you had such a fun night and the house cleaning for a year! What a wonderful gift! I am continuing to keep you in my prayers!

LeeBird3 said...

So thrilled that you were able to get out and about. The event sounded awesome! I saw your picture...you look great in that blonde do! :)

The housecleaning...oh my gosh...I have a hard time getting my house cleaned and I'm perfectly healthy! I can imagine the house cleaning service will be a huge blessing!

I start back to work tomorrow (been on a two-week break). When I feel like whining about not wanting to go, I'll think of how hard you are working to fight cancer and I'll shut my whiney self up! :)

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

Dear Cindy,

This was such an emotional post. It is so good that God is reaching out to you through your sisters in the Lord.

He loves you so very much!

I am praying for you.

Sonya